Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monkey About The House Part 4

Wow! Well, wasn't that exciting. I was driving like a maniac! I do have to admit I like to drive really fast sometimes. It probably comes from growing up in Delaware. I remember when they built the first road there. Everybody ran out and bought cars aand started driving up and down the road really fast. Then everybody ran out of gas at about the same time and had to walk home. It was a while before they got around to building a gas station. Pretty crazy, huh?

You know, this was the first time I'd ever seen the sea. That must have been why I was walking so fast. Usually I'm much more of a stroller (or 'drag-a-heel-heavy-hocks' as we say in Delaware). It's a little known fact that Delaware is completely surrounded by other places. Place-locked, they call it. No ships, no buoys, no off-shore drilling or gambling boats. Just places, and the things that go in them. Oh dear. Now I'm starting to feel a little homesick!

What about those people climbing that rope, eh? Don't have much to say about that really, except, well, 'Why?'

That sand did feel good between my toes (I have two. One on the end of each leg). Quite hot though. Which might be another reason why I was walking so quickly! But once I got there (the sea, that is), I really didn't know what to do with myself. All I could do was sit there. I suppose I was thinking about things. And places. And Baby. And being so far away from all my friends.

No comments: